1.5
Quality of Accommodation

Booked a room in Orlando for new year’s weekend.Never received a confirmation email, but got the confirmation screen that the room was booked, and website showed the room was booked.

Figured I just missed the email or it went to a spam folder. Didn't think it mattered as I had already printed the confirmation number when I booked the room. Showed up at the hotel, and they don't have a record of us booking the room. Called Agoda, and the customer service agent said I should have known the room wasn't booked because I didn't receive an email.

Nothing he could do to help me, couldn't rebook the room for me, basically told me it was my fault that I didn't know we didn't have a room. Ended up booking the room through a different travel site, which was really lucky for us since that is a busy weekend in Orlando and there were only a couple rooms left. Could very easily have gotten screwed and not had a place to stay. The real jewel in this crown of shyte was minutes after I got off the phone with the Agoda customer service agent, Agoda sent me an email thanking me for "contacting Agoda Customer Support to cancel your booking".

One plus side was the hotel upgraded our room for the trouble we had without us requesting anything of them, just telling them what happened.(Found out Ramada does have excellent customer service) Short version, I would not trust Agoda, and have been telling everyone I know not to use them.

Review about: Agoda Ramada Plaza Resort And Suites Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Customer care service.

Had an Experience with Agoda?

Comments

Glasgow, Kentucky, United States #1269581

I've had an issue like that with another hotel in a different state.Same situation though.

I even pulled up my credit card transactions and showed the front desk that I was in fact charged for my room and now had no room available according to them. All they could then tell me is that they had overbooked rooms.

I did receive a refund, but it was a major inconvenience having to try find a hotel in an unfamiliar city at the last minute.Hope your weekend still went well.