Booked a room in Orlando for new year’s weekend.Never received a confirmation email, but got the confirmation screen that the room was booked, and website showed the room was booked.
Figured I just missed the email or it went to a spam folder. Didn't think it mattered as I had already printed the confirmation number when I booked the room. Showed up at the hotel, and they don't have a record of us booking the room. Called Agoda, and the customer service agent said I should have known the room wasn't booked because I didn't receive an email.
Nothing he could do to help me, couldn't rebook the room for me, basically told me it was my fault that I didn't know we didn't have a room. Ended up booking the room through a different travel site, which was really lucky for us since that is a busy weekend in Orlando and there were only a couple rooms left. Could very easily have gotten screwed and not had a place to stay. The real jewel in this crown of shyte was minutes after I got off the phone with the Agoda customer service agent, Agoda sent me an email thanking me for "contacting Agoda Customer Support to cancel your booking".
One plus side was the hotel upgraded our room for the trouble we had without us requesting anything of them, just telling them what happened.(Found out Ramada does have excellent customer service) Short version, I would not trust Agoda, and have been telling everyone I know not to use them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Customer care service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Agoda Hotel Booking
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "1st room was invested with termites 2nd one was fithy. Only prostitutes and drug dealers would be comfortable here. Pictures and videos. I filed a complaint #3246930 & still have..."
- "Stayed at Motel 6 in Woodland Wash. 3 weekends ago because I was cleaning out and packing up my recently deceased mother. When I checked out I informed the..."
- "I stayed at the comfort in in Birmingham Alabama on colonnade parkway. this was by far the WORST hotel i have EVER been in. just a list of what was..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."